Pickleball Is At Wayside!
Wayside Athletic Club now offers Pickleball! The club has 2 year-round indoor Pickleball courts. The two courts are located in the tennis bubble on Court A.
What is Pickleball?
Pickleball is the fastest-growing sport in America! All players of any age and capabilities can enjoy this fun exercise and best of all it is super social!
Pickleball uses a paddle sport (similar to a racquet sport) that combines elements of badminton, tennis, and table tennis. Two or four players use solid paddles made of wood or composite materials to hit a perforated polymer ball, similar to a whiffle ball, over a net. The sport shares features of other racquet sports, the dimensions and layout of a badminton court, and a net and rules somewhat similar to tennis, with several modifications.
What are you waiting for? Come play Pickleball at Wayside Athletic Club!
Basic Rules Overview
Pickleball can be played as doubles or singles.
5 Rules of Pickleball:
- The ball must stay in bounds & must be one bounce per side (known as the two-bounce rule).
- You must serve at the baseline.
- Serves cannot land in the non-volley zone.
- The game ends at 11, 15, or 21 points.
- Points are only scored by the serving team
- The first point in doubles will always be 0-0-2 or 0-0-start
- Doubles have a three-number scoring system, singles have a two-number scoring system.
For more information on Pickleball rules please click here
Club Rules and Policies
- Reservations for Pickleball time are made through our app or portal only
- Courts may be booked in 1-hour and 1.5-hour increments.
- Pickleball Court Fees are $20 per/hour (the fee will be divided by the number of players on the booking).
- Membership is not required to play pickleball however there is a $12 guest fee and pre-registration is required.
- When reserving courts through the app or portal you must have 2 or 4 players in the reservation to see court availability. Courts will not show availability with 1 person or 3 people booked.
- Nets will be available on the court but will need to be put into place by participants.
- Please stop playing with sufficient time to put away the net in case the next players are using it as a tennis court.
- Courts can be booked up to 1 week in advance (NO WALK ONS).
- Courts can be canceled 48 hours in advance to avoid the full court fee
- There are times when Pickleball cannot be played due to heavy tennis usage.
- We will have a limited amount of demo paddles available. Car keys or ID must be left at the front desk and returned when racquets are returned. ($5 per racquet rental fee apply).
- All players must check in at the desk and pay for the court time before going on to the court.
- Please use proper tennis/pickleball court etiquette.
Non-members can come to play Pickleball for the remainder of the winter and spring 2023-24 seasons. You will need to pre-register through our website and create an online profile before coming to play (see quick link below). They will only need to do this once. Per the club’s policy, a credit card is required to be placed on all accounts for members and non-members. Your credit card is encrypted.
CREATE A GUEST ACCOUNT
Now that you are in the system they can register for a Pickleball court through the portal or member app. The guest fee is $12 per visit on top of the court
Fall and Winter Court Availability
- Monday & Tuesday: 6 am – 1 pm, 8-9:30 pm
- Wednesday: 6-9 am, 8-9:30 pm
- Saturday & Sunday: 8 am -10 am
How To Make A Pickleball Reservation
To ensure bookings and cancellations are done correctly and in a timely manner to avoid cancellation fees, you must book your own reservation through the app or portal, not through the front desk. Below is how to get started.
- Credit Card on File: All participants (members & non-members) must have an active credit card on file in order to register or participate in any paid programming.
- Download and launch the “Wayside Athletic Club” App for iOS or Android Phones and log in using the credentials you set up
- Using a PC? Go to the member portal and log in.
- Tap “Reservations” As Service
- Select Pickleball & tap done
- Select Date and Duration (you can book up to 7 days in advance)
- Add a Participant – You will need to know at least one of the other players you are playing with at the time of making the reservation. The system requires at least 2 or 4 people on the reservation.
- If you do not add a second player you won’t see any courts available
- Tap Search to see available courts
- Select the time you’d like to play
- Tap Reserve
- Click here to see our court cancellation policies
- All participants will receive a confirmation email for your reservation
What Court Am I On
The Pickleball courts are on Court A in the bubble, the immediate court to your left as you enter through the revolving door. Pickleball Court 1 is the closest court and Pickleball Court 2 is on the far side.
We Are Hiring!
Wayside Athletic Club is looking for Pickleball coaches to run fun and engaging lessons and clinics and organize round-robins! If you have any other questions about working at Wayside Athletic Club as a Pickleball coach, please contact Ron Parlman directly.