Update your browser to view this website correctly. Update my browser now
We are looking to expand our team with individuals who are dedicated to fitness, and our members, and believe in building a stronger community at Wayside.
If the current job openings don’t match your criteria, please fill out the following form and submit your resume to be considered for an opportunity that better suits you.
Are you a skilled and proficient swimmer? Are you equipped with excellent technique, a strong work ethic, and outstanding communication skills? Do you find fulfillment in taking on responsibilities, providing supervision, and ensuring safety in a pool environment during your free time? If so, Wayside Athletic Club invites you to become a valuable member of our Aquatics Department! We are currently in search of year-round Swim Instructors to join our exceptional team.
As a Swim Instructor, your primary role involves imparting skills and techniques to individuals of various ages while upholding a safe and friendly atmosphere in our pool for members. You will play a crucial role in overseeing the well-being and progress of program participants.
Private lessons typically take place on weekends, with the possibility of adding group lessons on weekday afternoons if we have available instructors.
Weekends and potentially weekdays.
$10-14.50 per class depending upon experience, with the added benefit of a complimentary individual membership to Wayside Athletic Club.
If you possess the necessary qualifications and are enthusiastic about this opportunity, please submit your resume and cover letter, including your availability (listing days and hours).
Wayside Athletic Club is an equal opportunity employer, and all applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, or disability status.
If you have any other questions about working at Wayside Athletic Club as a WSI Swim Instructor, please contact our Aquatics Department directly.
Wayside Athletic Club is looking for Pickleball coaches to run fun and engaging lessons and clinics and organize round-robins!
• High School Diploma or GED
• Excellent customer service skills, friendly, outgoing, and positive attitude
• Thorough knowledge of the game of Pickleball and possesses effective teaching styles and techniques
• Excellent communication, time management, and organization skills
• Comfortable working with all age groups and building positive relationships with members and team members
• Teach private Pickleball lessons and group programming
• Coordinate Pickleball leagues and mixers
If you have any other questions about working at Wayside Athletic Club as a Pickleball coach, please contact Ron Parlman directly.
POSITION SUMMARY: Under the direction of the Head Swim Coach, the Assistant Swim Team Coach will be responsible for implementing and supervising all team practices. The Swim Team Coach will attend coaches’ meetings, parent meetings, and scheduled swim meets.
• Coaches participants in accordance with Wayside Athletic Club guidelines and conducts practice drills as created by the Head Coach/Team Director.
• Builds effective, authentic relationships with swimmers and parents. Encourages parental involvement and identifies potential volunteers.
• Engages in positive behaviors that make swimmers and families feel welcome, connected and confident in their choice to be part of the Wayside Waves Swim Team
• Maintains accurate records (i.e. attendance, meet line-ups, etc.) and/or the state health department code.
• Attends staff meetings and training as scheduled.
• Coaches from the pool deck (on a rare occasion from in the pool as necessary depending on skill or level though these night practices would be pre planned well in advance). Gives feedback and corrections for each swimmer throughout the entire practice and always maintains a safe environment.
• Follows all Wayside Athletic Club policies, rules, regulations, and procedures, including emergency and safety procedures. Completes incident and accident reports as necessary.
• Sets up and puts away team equipment. Keeps equipment organized during practice time and reports damaged equipment to the Head Coach/Team Director.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
• Must have 1-2 years prior swim coaching experience or have been a swim instructor for 3-5 years.
• Lifeguard, CPR/AED, First Aid certification (Red Cross or equivalent) (Preferred)
• Water Safety Instructor (WSI) certification (Red Cross or equivalent) (Preferred)
• Additional certifications, not necessary, but helpful:
• ASCA Coaching membership
• USA Swimming certifications Levels I, II, and III
• Swim Coaches Safety Certification
• YMCA Competitive Swim Level 1 & 2 Certification
EDUCATION: High school or equivalent (Preferred)
WORK PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
• Ability to stand, walk, talk, see, and hear, reach with hands and arms, stoop, and kneel.
• Ability to instruct and observe participants in proper stroke techniques.
• Ability to lift equipment, and to lift a small to average size child.
JOB TYPE: Part-time
PAY: Up to $18.00 per hour
BENEFITS: Employee membership and Employee discount based on number of shifts per week.
• One location for practices – Wayside Athletic Club, 80 Broadmeadow St, Marlborough, MA 01752
• Various other local club locations for meets
Need more information on how to join the Wayside Waves team? Contact the Director of Wayside Waves, Sue Morse by email
Looking to put your lifeguard certification to use? We are looking for lifeguards for weekday evenings and weekends at our indoor pool.
Competitive Pay: $16-$18
Duties and Responsibilities:
– Understanding and application of lifeguarding surveillance and rescue techniques
– The ability to recognize and respond quickly and effectively in emergencies
– Must be able to work effectively with people of all ages – Able to make work assignments in a timely manner
– Knowledgeable of customer service standards and procedures – Must be available to work weekends/holidays
– Required to do cleaning during slow times – Must be able to communicate effectively with members Requirements and Qualifications
– Ability to work with all ages and swimming abilities
Current certification in the following:
American Red Cross Lifeguarding and First Aid, CPR/AED Professional Rescue (other Lifeguard Certification will be considered)
– Pre-employment testing of lifeguarding knowledge and skills
– Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups and managers, co-workers, members, and the general public
– Maintains a professional appearance with appropriate clothing and behavior (as described in the company’s guidelines)
Not Certified Yet? Email our Aquatics Director on how we can help you get certified for FREE!
– Continuing education reimbursement
– Flexible hours
– Competitive pay
– Valuable work experience
Apply using the drop-down menu above. Select Aquatics and attach your resume as a PDF
Wayside Athletic Club, a full-service club with fitness center, indoor and outdoor swimming, tennis, racquetball and more is seeking enthusiastic, motivated and experienced Personal Trainers to join our team!
If you are interested in training clients privately, semi-privately and leading small group training programs, love connecting with people, and want to motivate and inspire members to achieve their fitness goals, you’ll be a great fit for our team!
Competitive pay scale based on experience and certifications
Apply using the drop-down menu above. Select Personal Training and attach your resume as a PDF